St. Mary of the Woods & St. Aloysius Parish
FAMILY FAITH FORMATION & YOUTH MINISTRY
COVID-19 resources: Loyola Press Letter with regarding the virus and links to more online resources
FAMILY FAITH FORMATION
To encourage and equip parents as the primary educators in the way their children in the Catholic Faith thereby strengthening families to foster learning the joy and truths of their Catholic Faith in Jesus through the witness given by their parents.
Christ Our Life by Loyola Press
Family Faith Formation has a home style option where parents are encouraged to review the Christ Our Life chapters at home on their own schedule and submit the online review to the parish office for credit. There is also the group gathering option for those who prefer this style on the second and fourth Sundays of each month in the basement of St. Mary of the Woods from 10:00-10:45 a.m.
As per Diocesan requirements, to be eligible for reception of the sacraments students must attend weekly Mass, satisfactorily complete the current parish catechism curriculum (Christ Our Life) and attend sacramental preparation classes for each sacrament at the parish. Sacramental preparation is a three year process focusing on one of the following sacraments each year... Baptism, Confirmation, and the Eucharist. Students will be eligible to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation in their second year and Confirmation and First Holy Communion after the third year.
For more information please call Bob at 231-258-5021.
Below are a few of the things you can expect from our Youth Ministry:
- - sessions on peer pressure, drug awareness and response, romance and relationships
- - lock-ins, multiple retreat opportunities, youth rally, social activities
- - marriage, religious life, family issues
- - YouCat youth catechism, connecting faith to everyday life
- - peer mentoring training, youth council, Christian Leadership Institute
- - community outreach, service opportunities
- - volunteer with local agencies, Just Works, KAIR
- - Liturgical and parish prayer opportunities, youth choir
All students in grades 6-12 and their friends are welcome!