St. Mary of the Woods & St. Aloysius Parish
Churches in the Kalkaska Area have chosen 4:06 p.m. as a time to pray together as a community for an end to the outbreak, those effected by Coronavirus, the healthcare workers and those who are sick. This is in acknowledgement of Philippians 4:6, which states: Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
One option is the following Cororavirus Novena asking our Patroness Mary to join us in interceding with Jesus for and end to the virus and for all those effected...
O Mary, you always brighten our path as a sign of salvation and of hope. We entrust ourselves to you, Health of the Sick, who, at the Cross, took part in Jesus’ pain while remaining steadfast in faith.
O loving Mother, you know what we need, and we are confident you will provide for us as at Cana in Galilee. Intercede for us with your Son Jesus, the Divine Physician, for those who have fallen ill, for those who are vulnerable, and for those who have died. Intercede also for those charged with protecting the health and safety of others and for those who are tending to the sick and seeking a cure.
Help us, O Mother of Divine Love, to conform to the will of the Father and to do as we are told by Jesus, who took upon himself our sufferings and carried our sorrows, so as to lead us, through the Cross, to the glory of the Resurrection. Amen.
Under thy protection we seek refuge, O Holy Mother of God. In our needs, despise not our petitions, but deliver us always from all dangers, O glorious and blessed Virgin. Amen.
St. Aloysius, pray for us!
The Most Reverend Walter A. Hurley has been Appointed as the Apostolic Administrator of the Diocese of Gaylord.
For all the details see the Diocesan Website.
Public Masses have resumed, the current Mass schedule is Mass at St. Mary of the Woods on Saturday at 4:00 pm and at St. Aloysius parish on Sunday at 11:00 am. Please review the following and reserve your place below.
Following are the things you need to know…
- The Bishop has extended the dispensation for the Sunday obligation until September for those who are vulnerable or not yet comfortable joining us in person.
- For the time being attendance is limited to seat 25% of our maximum capacity. Please call the office, email us or visit the link on the parish website to reserve your space ahead of time.
- Masks are required when inside the Church, please bring your own mask and hand sanitizer.
- Please check your temperature before coming to Mass. If you are exhibiting any symptoms please stay home and see the parish website for links to publicized Masses.
- We must adhere to the 6 foot social distancing between individuals, family members are allowed to sit together as a family.
- The Churches are marked out for seating and distancing requirements. Ushers will guide you to your seats.
- Communion will be distributed at the end of Mass after the final blessing. If you wish to receive on the tongue please stay seated until everyone else has received.
- When you come forward be mindful of the Social distancing practice. the floor has been marked to guide you.
- Pull down your mask when you get to the Minister, put out your hands and the minister will place the Eucharist in your hands.
- Please consume the host and then you may exit the building to your car.
- Please refrain from congregating in the Churches and respect the social distancing practice when entering and exiting the Churches.
St. Mary of the Woods and St. Aloysius Churches will be open on weekdays from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, closed on Saturdays
and open from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm. for private prayer
We are available to help you by contacting the parish at
231-258-5021 Monday - Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Formed Catholic TV
Formed Catholic TV
With our parish subscription you can access countless Catholic movies, Bible Studies, prayer resources, childrens programs, books and audio programs FREE!! Click the picture for more information.
ST. MARY OF THE WOODS
0438 County Road 612 NE
Kalkaska, MI 49646
Saturday: 4:00 pm
Sunday: 11:00 am
Tuesday: 6:00 pm
Thursday: 9:00 am
Friday: 9:00 am
403 E. Merritt Street
Fife Lake, MI 49633
St. Mary of the Woods
Sunday: 8:30 am
Wednesday: 9:00 am
Holy Days: As announced in bulletin
SACRAMENT OF PENANCE
Saturday: 3:00 pm
SACRAMENT OF PENANCE
Sunday: 7:45 am